A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 2 - Hiking Boots



These are hiking boots. That's mine on the left and my good pal, Bob's on the right.

We are sitting atop one of the twin tops that make up Chimney Tops in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. This picture was taken during my third year in veterinary school (I THINK.) We got up really early to hike this trail - and there was a good group of us, including my bestest buds Candi, Samantha, and Chad. It was super foggy - but a good hike none-the-less.

I was always an 'outdoor girl' since I was raised on a farm. But befriending Bob really expanded my horizons in that arena. Bob took me on my first ever hike to this very place when I was 17 years old. And he took me on lots more outdoor adventures that ranged from even longer hikes, learning to roll a kayak, caving, and backpacking. I am quite confident you will see pictures of some of those on this blog at some time or another. I have a whole year to go. :)

But for now, enjoy the boots.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments: