A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 5 - Alum Cave Bluff



Had a really long calving tonight. I'm pretty tired. But I WILL stick with my blog-a-day! I can't flake out the first week.

This is the Alum Cave Bluffs trail on the way to Mt. LeConte in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I was hiking with Bob on November 14, 1998.

Why do I remember the actual date?

Because I was hiking in the rain when the 1998 University of TN Volunteers sealed the deal on being a team of destiny. They played top-ranked Arkansas that day. TN had no expectations of winning. And winning they were NOT as they headed into final seconds of the game. All that the Arkansas QB had to do was take a knee. That's it. Game over. But he stumbled, and he fumbled, and my man Travis Henry ran the ball in for TD to win the game. You can read someone else's version here. I enjoyed the hike immensely - there was snow at the top! But it was SO foggy there was no view to be seen.

In 1998 the UT VOLS were the National Champs. It was my first year at UT and I shamefully admit I only went to TWO games. :(

But the hike really was cool.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. it ain't over 'til it's over ;)
    love these Leslie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I am just writing YOUR play by play that you gave me after the game. I remember you saying that.... and what a moment it was when they won. I really AM sad that I was not there.....

    ReplyDelete