A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 288 - Neema's Day Out in Charleston


My sweet girl, Neema and I went to Kiawah Beach today in Charleson, SC.  We are here on vacation visiting Matt's dad and today is going to be the only pretty day all week.  So, we took advantage of it!  

She loves the ocean.  She loves water.  She loves to chase her toys in the water and retrieve them.  

It was painfully apparent today that she likely will not be able to retrieve her toys in the water next year.  Her vision is almost gone and she struggled mightily today to find her toys.  I tried different ones to find what was easiest for her to see.  She has so much energy and so much heart and so much GUSTO when she pounces on her toys.  Or rather, where she thinks they are.  

This resulted in her swallowing a lot of salt water today.  :(  Salt is a drawing agent - it pulls fluid with it.  It went in her stomach and went out.... the way things go out.  Repeatedly.  And with gusto.  

Poor Neema.  

We had to hang around after being done at the beach for at least an hour just so she could clear out her colon and get bathed repeatedly.  

But she had fun, none-the-less

This was on our way from Kiawah to.......

The Angel Oak!  Look it up!  It's a very old tree. 

:)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment