A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 340 - A Treasure

I was out and about today running errands and I stopped into the local Stuarts Draft Antique Mall.  I've lived here 9.5 years and have never stepped foot in there.  Today I stepped in 25 minutes before they closed.  

The place is ENORMOUS!!!!

25 minutes resulted in a pretty quick scan of the entire place.  I'm sure I missed a lot. 


The only thing I've ever really collected (other than books and pictures) has been blue canning jars.  I don't have many - maybe 8 or so.  I used to have a few more but they have gotten broken over the years.  :(  

I love the cobalt blue ones.  They are just so dramatic and..... pretty.  

I spotted this gem in the windowsill.  It's so lovely.  It's a 1902 made in Italy (still had the sticker stating such on the bottom - but it came off when I washed it) 'Abigail's Useful Jar.'  Ha!  

It will be useful for something in my house - though I'm not sure what just yet.  

My favorite form of recycling:  finding new homes and uses for old things. 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. i have the exact same one, found it in a thrift store in florida, paid 2 dollars for it. love cobalt blue and have bottles throughout the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found a clear one, dug it up from an old mine dump sight. When I saw the cobalt blue one browsing I had to comment. What a treasure you found! Although mine is clear im still pretty excited about it, mostly because it stayed intact all those years buried in the ground.Its like finding a piece of history, priceless. I feel an intense need to preserve the memories of our great grandfathers/mothers, and I learn about these things that were left behind and their way of life and feel a connection to them. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete