A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 185 - Help Me with a Case!

I saw this cat today and need some help from my vet colleagues.  She is a 6 year old indoor only cat. Two weeks ago her owner noticed that her 'eye' turned red.  After further questioning, I think it was her iris that turned red.  About a week ago the owner saw something 'white' in the eye.  

Today she is alert and comfortable.  Her once green iris is now brown.  Her IOP is 6.  This 'thing' is vascular and is cranial to the iris but there is no appreciable flare in the anterior chamber. I can not tell whether it is actually originating from the iris or if is protruding through the pupil. 

I've sent pics to Dr. Hendrix and Dr. Ward - any thoughts???








I love eyes and got a great education in diseases and conditions of the eye by two of the nicest vets and best ophthalmologists in the country. This one is just weird!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Ack..I should have never Googled that worm! Eeekk!! That made me squirm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. severe anterior uveitis/iridocyclitis? check out this similar picture:
    http://www.animaleyecare.net/diseases/uveitis.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neoplasia, fungal, granuloma. Can maybe ultrasound the eye and try to find the origination? I would also consider aspiration of the vitreous fluid and cytology. Does your CBC show an increase in monocytes or esos? What about IOP? Looks like there is a change in the outline of the pupil. Has the mass deformed it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a tumor. Dr. Hendrix suggested it was. Removal of the eye should be curative. Poor kitty!

    ReplyDelete