A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 196 - Eliza with the Cheerleaders

In 2006, Matt and I went to TN one weekend and managed to go to my high school for a football game! North Greene is the smallest of four county high schools in my home county (Greene County) and is not known for it's football team.  :)

Little known fact:  I was a cheerleader during my senior year of high school.  I was recruited by my Chemistry teacher.  :) 

My sister-in-law, Kristie and I both joined our senior year and we went to cheerleading camp during the summer before.  We learned dances, cheers, and every morning we did these silly little marches and chants to help us wake up. 

During our senior year, our football team won 2 games.  TWO.  That's it.  It's hard to be a cheerleader for a team that rarely wins. 

But we cheerleaders were there to cheer on our guys and entertain the crowd.  So, we started doing some of those silly marches and chants as crowd entertainment. 

My favorite was 'Baby Shark' but there were some other good ones, too like "Let me see your Boogaloo" and "Boom chicka Boom."

I went off to college and did not make it back to a football game at North Greene for a while.  But in 2006 - I went and was SHOCKED to see the cheerleaders invite the crowd to join them for "Let me see your Boogaloo!"

I have a legacy!!!!

My niece hopped up and joined them and was so super cute.  She was just shy of 4 years old in this picture. 

I sat in awe that something that I had been a part of starting 11 years previously (I graduated in 1995) was still alive and strong.  That's kind of cool. 

:)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment