A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 204 - Mating Moths

Last week I came home one evening to find a little white moth on my (dirty) front glass door.  I studied her for minutes - unsure if she was alive or not.  Her wings did not look like they were wilting, but her abdomen did look distended like she was going to deliver babies soon.  And then die.  Cause that is what moths do. 

When I got up the next morning - she was still there!  Unmoved.  Hmmmmm. IS she alive???

That evening I got home and went to look - she was still there!  WITH A FRIEND!!!!! 

I've never seen mating moths before, let alone seen them through a glass door.  So naturally, I took their picture.  :)

Hoped I wasn't interrupting - but they didn't seem to mind.  

The next morning they were both gone.  Live on, little moths.  Live on.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment