A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 219 - Frogs


Apparently I've become an every-other-day blogger.  I hope that is not a trend that is going to continue.  While my other skipped day this week was due to work, last night's missed blog was due to fun.  :)  I had a lovely 'ladies night out' with 8 of the coolest women I know.  We had an absolutely fabulous meal at the Melting Pot and by the time my 'food coma' self arrived home, I crashed hard into bed.  

I had today off - and after 12 hours of sleep and some iced coffee, I got this house cleaned up real nice.  All the laundry done, too!  

It's especially hot - over 100 degrees today - so I was not up for being outside for very long. 



But my cat, Sophie escaped and while trying to retrieve her, I spotted a little frog by our pond.  I ran back inside to grab my camera and though I was fairly quiet, I startled my little friend and he jumped in the water.  :(  

But then I spotted another one!  And another! 



They were pretty trusting - letting me get very close!  

I'm a fan of amphibians more so than reptiles, and there is no fear in me at all from them.  Take away the legs and call it a snake, however - and there is an irrational fear that I can not shake. 


This last pic is my favorite - I love the gold stripes down his body.  I love the spots on his abdomen and the stripes on his legs.  I also love the smooth water to the right of the rock.  Yay for cool frogs.  :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment