A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 18 - Jenny's Wedding


So, we spent all day at a wedding today.  We have been to a LOT of weddings this year!  (well, last year since it's now the first day of a new year. :)  So, I thought it only fitting to post a wedding picture. 

I am NOT a wedding photographer.  But I do like to take pictures at weddings.  Big difference.

This particular wedding pic is of Jenny - one of my friends (and one of my veterinary technicians.) I would consider Jenny one of my first friends here in VA.  Working with her everyday as I navigated the transition from student to doctor helped to cement our relationship.  She was an encouraging, patient, supportive helper to this rookie doc and she taught me (and continues to teach me) so much.  

I took indoor pictures of her - just like the professional photographer - but they turned out crappy.  As the 'real' photographer was putting away her equipment, I beckoned to Jenny to come outside.   It was a clear day in early October, there was lovely late afternoon warm glowy light, and the church they were married in had these incredible stone arches outside.  I HAD to take her picture out there!  

I took one roll of colored pics and then took a roll or two with black and white film.  It was not long before the 'real' photographer saw what a great opportunity there was and joined me in photographing the couple in this glorious setting and light. 

They are a beautiful couple who had a beautiful wedding and had some beautiful pictures taken.  I don't mean to brag, but if you go into their home, the wedding pictures they have in frames on display are the ones that I took.  :)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: