A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 68 and 69 - Elvis

I was not able to blog yesterday - I'm out in Las Vegas at the Western Veterinary Conference (woo hoo!)  and the 3 hour time change is making it a bit difficult for me to stay awake at night to blog. 

This top picture is an x-ray of a dog named Elvis.  Elvis had eaten a bottle of Gorilla Glue and then his breakfast.  What resulted was a stomach-cast of concrete, basically.  Elvis' owners brought him in because he would not eat.  Wonder why?

The x-ray above is a view of him laying on his side.  His head is to the left and he is laying on his right side.  The large round object in the center of the picture is his stomach.  I would say it is a good 4 times larger than it should be.

Gorilla glue + food = mixture, expansion, and then solidification. 

Dr. Bowman was very excited about relieving Elvis' malady.  And he kept the spoils in the fridge for a long time.  I took pictures to submit them to a contest called 'they ate WHAT?' but alas, we did not win.  

Pretty cool, though.  Apparently Gorilla glue is tasty stuff to a dog - as there have been several reports of the exact same thing.  Good to know. 




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Did Elvis make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I should have said that in my post! He did great - I just vaccinated him a few weeks ago, in fact. :) This was one of his youthful indiscretions.

    ReplyDelete