A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 89 - Crystal's Eye

This is Crystal and she is a white horse with blue eyes.  Very normal.  However, her owner called me out one day because her other eye had changed color.  This is what it looked like before:



And this is what it looked like after:

Pretty crazy, eh?  I was more than a little perplexed when I saw her so I took some pictures to send to my wonderful ophthalmology professors at UT to get their opinion and advice (they are SO great about that!) 


The pictures don't really capture all that I could see with my eyes - but I think they are cool pictures in and of themselves.  :)  What I was seeing (for the vet folk who read this blog) was significant aqueous flare, corneal neovascularization, and something I'm sure there is an ophtho word for that I just can't remember: the iris was not flat. It was swollen and poofy.  Like a balloon.  

Not to mention that the eye was now bright yellow instead of blue.  

The diagnosis was significant uveitis of unknown origin.  I treated her as aggressively as I could but it was too little, too late and she did lose her vision in that eye.  :(  But she's happy and comfortable and gets around just fine.  

Crazy yellow eye,  though.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment