A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 143 - Lily

sigh.  I don't think my camera is fixed.

The letter I got with my 'repaired' camera stated that the autofocus assembly was incorrect but they fixed it. I'm not so sure.

I took some more test shots today - on a tripod.  Single focus point, focus confirmation, and I used my remote to fire the shot.  It was great light and there is no reason that the pic shouldn't be perfectly tack-sharp.

Well, it is not.

I'm taking some portraits tomorrow and attending a wedding where I'll be taking pictures.  I am so frustrated that my camera is not focusing properly that I'm going to borrow a friend of mine's Canon to use instead.

Once I have hers in hand, I'm going to set up the ultimate test to really find out if my camera is not right or if my expectations are too high.  I'll set up a shot on a tripod, use the same lens, and take the same shot with both cameras and compare them.  If my new camera is taking blurry pictures - I'm going to send Canon the shots and request a new camera.

I'm so sad.  It's so disappointing to research and plan and expect to be taking a step forward with my photography only to take a step back.

But, Canon is a good company and I hope they will do what is needed to keep me as a customer. 

BTW - this is NOT the tripod shot.  This one is hand-held and is not TOO bad.  The tripod shots were actually very blurry.  Grrrrr. 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment