A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 151 - Abby the Foal

This is little Abby.  She will be 2 weeks old on Monday and is one of a set of twins.  Horses don't usually have twins and when they do, the babies usually don't survive.  Abby's twin did not make it, but she did! That makes her extremely special.

She has contracted tendons and is having trouble walking.  For the past 2 days I have given her IV medication to help her tendons relax and fashioned splints from PVC pipes to help her be able to stand to nurse.

She's an absolute gem.  She just lays there and lets me work on her and then when we stand her up, she takes off towards mom to get a drink.  She is much improved today - so I'm hopeful she be out of her splints soon.  She has a sore on her right front leg that I wish was exposed to air and not under a rubbing bandage. 

She is so sweet.  And so small!  Oh, and so cute, too.  :)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment: