A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 240 - Lisa

I met Lisa 5 1/2 years ago when she brought her cats into the clinic I work at.  I liked her immediately and invited she and her husband to come over for a cookout and to visit our church.  They did - and have been a part of my life ever since.

She fed me dinner more times than I can count, listened to me as Matt and I struggled with our relationship,  made my wedding cake, and helped me to understand that God really does answer prayer.  She has been a wonderful friend. 

I said good-bye to her today - as she and her family are moving back to FL.  I will miss her immensely.

This picture was taken as we were celebrating her 30th birthday at Baja Bean in Staunton, VA.  That tiara she is wearing was worn by me on my 30th birthday - given to me by my friend, Jenny (I think!)  Our friend, Rachel also wore it. 

Every woman should wear a tiara when they turn 30.  :)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment