A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 259 - Geeky Cupcakes

So, I think this has been one of the better birthday weekends I can remember.  :)  Partly because it was filled with great friends and great food.  Partly because I have felt really good for the past 3 days.  And partly because I have embraced my youthful side in an effort to deny that I'm turning older.  :)

I bought this shirt last week at Target.  I don't think there could be a more perfect shirt for me.  It has purple sleeves, for one.  It has Little Miss Sunshine on it, for two.  And it says 'Geek Chic' (which I was educated tonight is pronounced 'Geek Sheek') - and though I am not completely sure I am a geek, I AM a nerd, so I still think the shirt is appropriate, for three.  

One of the dairy farms I used to visit on a regular basis had a farm hand that always called me 'Dr. Sunshine.'  I loved the books with Little Miss Sunshine and friends as a kid.  I even had the stickers. None of these things has anything to do with the other.  I'm just writing.  :)

I also made cupcakes this weekend.  Gluten-free little bites of heaven they were - with homemade cream cheese frosting that I must say was fabulous.  Not bad at all for my first cupcake making attempt.  :)

I listened to one of my favorite songs on Friday and I've been rolling the words around in my head all weekend.  I really do hope I can pray this earnestly as I face this next year....

Keep 'em coming - these miles on the road
Keep me responsible - be it a light or a heavy load
Keep me guessing - with these blessings in disguise
And I'll walk with grace my feet and faith my eyes.  


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment