A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 268 - Challenger the Eagle


This was during my senior year of vet school, during my exotics rotation.  My group was privileged to visit Dollywood's Eagle Foundation which is a rehab facility for all birds of prey.  They have these huge flight cages for the birds and they each have their own 'room' (see the doors in the background?) with a perch and other bird necessities.  

We also got to have our picture taken with Challenger - who is perhaps the world's most famous Bald Eagle.  If you don't know about him, click on his name to see one of the websites about him.  I've seen him fly around Neyland Stadium more than once and it causes a lump to form in my throat every single time.  He's amazing. 

My two weeks on the exotics/wildlife rotation at the University of TN's College of Vet Med were two of the coolest weeks I have ever experienced.  :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment