A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 260 - Derby Car


My vet tech, Tara's husband Kyle competes in the annual demolition derby at the county fair just north of us.  This year, our vet clinic sponsored his car!  We all got to sign it (mark that off my bucket list!) and see it and ooh and ahh over it.  :)  Check out the magnet on the side.  Heh.

I grew up watching a pretty intense demolition derby series at the Greene County Fair in TN.  When I first attended the Augusta County Fair (where I live now) I was very disappointed in the derby.  Too small, too wet, too slow.  I have heard the Rockingham County Fair's derby is better - which is where he was taking this car to compete. 

Sadly, his transmission blew before things even got started.  Very sad.  

Can anyone guess what kind of car this is???

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment