A picture a day is a worthy, wonderful, awesome blog project.

But that's not what I'm going to do. :)

I already have a ton of pictures. I don't think I need to take more just to have them on a blog. So, I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to post pictures I've already taken and tell the story behind them.

I love pictures. I love people. And I love writing. Hopefully, this will work out well for all of us.

My goal is to publish one post a day. Some of the posts will be long. (I am prone to verbosity, after-all.) Some of them will be short. My wish is that each picture-story will help me share the ongoing story that is my life.

That and you'll think I'm cool. :)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 118 - The Lincoln Memorial

So, I went to Washington D.C. for the first time when I was in 7th grade - I was 12.  It was quite the eventful trip, I must say.  I took two rolls of film of the sights I saw in those whirlwind 3 days and this is one of them.  

I just returned from another whirlwind 3 day trip to D.C. - it was my brother, sister-in-law, and niece's first trip to our nation's capital.  It was cold and cloudy and rainy - but Matt and I, along with our friend, Bob had a great time showing them the city.  Here's my new pic of the Lincoln memorial.  :)  

My niece is quite obsessed with Lincoln - he is her favorite president.  Mind you, she's only in 2nd grade - everything she knows about him she has researched on her own on the internet.  :)  Amazing.  

More pics of the week to come.  I thought it would be fun to do an entire week of contrasting the shots I took in 1989 to the ones I have just taken in 2011.  Twenty-two years later.  

The places are the same, but the photography equipment is much better.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment